Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is an original recipe that I came up with to cook a couple eggplants from my girlfriend's garden, a nice substitute for pasta sauce, enjoy!
- 1 eggplant, peeled and cubed (1/2-inch cubes)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium white onion, sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon basil
- salt and pepper
- On medium heat, cover the bottom of a large skillet with the olive oil, add garlic and cook until slightly browned.
- Add onions and saute until soft and transparent.
- Add eggplant,salt and fresh ground pepper to taste, cook approx 12 min,until soft and brown Add can of whole tomatoes, oregano, and basil, reduce heat and simmer until thickens slightly, about 15 minute.
- Serve over pasta, linguine is best, or use as a side dish.
I added chunks of cheese at the end and served as a side dish. Great texture and flavor.