- 1 eggplant, peeled and cubed (1/2-inch cubes)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium white onion, sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon basil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- On medium heat, cover the bottom of a large skillet with the olive oil, add garlic and cook until slightly browned.
- Add onions and saute until soft and transparent.
- Add eggplant,salt and fresh ground pepper to taste, cook approx 12 min,until soft and brown Add can of whole tomatoes, oregano, and basil, reduce heat and simmer until thickens slightly, about 15 minute.
- Serve over pasta, linguine is best, or use as a side dish.