Recipe by karen
I found this recipe when I was watching my carbs. It was described as a substitute for salad croutons, and I think they would be great that way. But, I've also used them as a chip for hummus, and it is a great combination. By the way, Japanese eggplants are smaller skinny eggplants.
Top Review by Aaliyah's&Aaron'sMum
These are delightfully YUMMY! Oh what's more, DH who DETESTS aubergines, had a slice!! I served them with sour cream. I was a bit sceptical about drying out the slices in the oven, I have to admit, but I was completely wrong. Thank you Karen for sharing such a wonderful recipe. This is in my 'to-make-each-and-every-week' file already.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Slice eggplant into rounds and 1/2 inch thick. Sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Place slices directly on an oven rack, carefully laying them out so they don't fall between the bars. Bake for 20 minutes or until the eggplant shrinks and becomes dry.
- Lightly rinse each slice to remove excess salt. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Combine oil and paprika in a small frying pan.
- Oven medium-high heat, cook each slice on both sides until crips and browned, 3-4 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm.