Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Recipe comes from a french cooking magazine called "La cuisine italienne" issue #12. You can serve these croquettes with a sauce. Just mix some yogourt with roasted peppers and cumin seeds.
- 1 large eggplant (sliced into 1/2 inch , 1cm thick slices)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 2 1⁄4 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons flour
- oil (for frying)
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven at 375 degrees.
- Brush each side of eggplant slices with with the 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Place eggplant slices on baking sheet.
- Cook in oven for 20 minutes or until they are soft.
- Let the eggplant slices cool for 5 minutes.
- Mince eggplant slices.
- In a bowl mix together eggplant, egg, garlic, parsley, bread crumbs, feta cheese, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Let stant for 20 minutes.
- If the mixture looks too liquid, add more bread crumbs.
- Form mixture into 8 small croquettes, and gently flatten them.
- Spread flour on a plate, season it with salt and pepper.
- Dredge croquettes in flour mixture.
- Fry in hot oil about 3 minutes each side or until golden brown.
i served this as an appy when my in laws were over. they absolutely loved it. i would say it's difficulty to make is about a medium. it just takes a bit of time. the one important thing is not to have your oil too high, the cheese on the outside will burn first without cooking the center. i plan on making this again soon!