Prep 15 mins
Cook 22 mins
This is a great recipe for anyone, especially vegetarians.
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1⁄8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 plum tomato (diced)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 eggs (beaten)
- Place eggplant on oiled sheet pan& bake in a 350 degree oven, turning it once, until soft.
- Remove from oven& slightly cool& peel.
- Cut into 1/2” pieces.
- In a large pan combine olive oil, onions& garlic& sautè on medium flame until golden brown.
- Add tomato, tumeric, eggplant, salt& pepper.
- Stir to evenly combine.
- Cook 1 or 2 minutes over medium flame.
- Add the beaten eggs.
- Just as the eggs begin to solidify, stir.
- Continue to stir until the eggs are completely solidified.
- Add more salt& pepper if desired.
- Place into a serving bowl& serve hot.
This is a unique way of preparing eggplant, but it's quite delicious. It's not the prettiest-looking dish in the world, but the taste makes up for it. I made this just as written. Loved it! Thanx for sharing.
I'm not sure why this recipe is a casserole when to me it is a stirfry but it is a very nice way to eat eggplant. I had never come across a recipe that asked me to bake and peel the eggplant first but this worked quite well. Even my dog who is not keen on vegetables scoffed this and cleaned her bowl!