Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicious way to serve eggplant.
- 1 eggplant
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 4 ounces water
- salt and pepper
- mozzarella cheese
- Cut the eggplant into large shoestrings.
- Dip in mixture of egg and milk; then in flour.
- Fry eggplant until golden brown.
- Saute onion, bell pepper, and ground beef.
- Add tomato sauce and water.
- Season to taste.
- In a casserole dish, make a layer of eggplant, beef sauce, and then mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle with oregano and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.