Recipe by monkeyking
This is based on the recipe submitted by KJ (#16246). I modified it to make it lower cal/fat/carb. It got a 'thumbs-up' from my daughter, who HATES eggplant. Enjoy!
- 3 cups eggplants, cubed
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1 tablespoon TABASCO® brand Chipotle Pepper Sauce
- 1 cup dry textured vegetable protein (textured vegetable protein, available at ny health-foods store)
- 2 eggs, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat oil in large fry pan.
- Saute eggplant and onions until soft.
- While eggplant is cooking, grate cheese and assemble other ingredients.
- When cooked, combine with remaining ingredients (mixing thoroughly) and transfer to casserole dish.
- Bake until golden and bubbling (about 45 minutes).