Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
A very tasty, cheesy dish. Good as an accompaniment or a meal in itself.
- 2 cups eggplants, cubed
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- fresh ground pepper
- 125 g shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cracker crumb
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Heat oil in saucepan.
- Sauté eggplant and onion until soft.
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir through margarine until melted.
- Add remainder of ingredients, and combine well.
- Transfer to a casserole dish, and bake until golden and bubbling, approx 45 minutes.
do u peel the plant? i did not, but it was homegrown. was very good. i put in some garlic, of course
This recipe came out okay. A little too much cracker, and it sort of washed out everything else. Also had trouble with too much liquid, so I would cut back on the milk. Alternatively, it could be because it should go in a larger dish to bake, but since no size guide was given I guessed. Could not taste the cheese, so next time I will wait until the end and sprinkle it on top. Hopefully it will turn out better next time.
Loved this! This recipe could get anyone to eat eggplant, IMO. I used one large eggplant for this (it was more than 2 cups). I used Ritz cracker crumbs. Thanx for shring this great eggplant recipe!