Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is my Grandmothers from Texas A&M class in the early 1900's. It is very good even for the non eggplant eater.
- 1 lb ground round or 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 1⁄4 cup celery (diced)
- 1 medium eggplant
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups Fritos corn chips (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon sage
- 1 lb cheddar cheese (grated)
- Peel eggplant and cut in chunks, boil in salted water until done. Drain of water and mash. set aside.
- Brown meat with with onion and celery when cooked drain off fat.
- Mix in a large bowl the meat and eggplant add eggs, sage, fritos and salt and pepper to taste. mix good.
- Spray a casserole dish with pam the sprinkle half of cheese on the bottom, add eggplant mixture then top with the rest of cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
THis was really good and the kids loved and never knew they where eating eggplant. This is a keeper in my book