- 1 small eggplant, peeled, diced
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pimiento or 1⁄4 cup roasted red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 -4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- fresh basil, julienned
- dried oregano
- fresh ground pepper
- baguette, sliced, toasted or cracker
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 tbs olive oil in skillet and sauté eggplant, onion, garlic & pimiento until eggplant is soft. let cool.
- In a separate bowl combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, oregano, basil.
- Once eggplant has cooled add to olive oil mixture and stir with spoon. salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on sliced and toasted baguette or crackers.