Missy Wombat's Note:
How to use up that extra eggplant especially if it is starting to look a little sad. Great with any Mediterranean type meal
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil.
- 2Remove the eggplant stalks and place the eggplants in the boiling water and boil vigorously for 5 minutes.
- 3Drain off the water and leave to cool.
- 4Squeeze any excess liquid from the eggplants and chop finely.
- 5Place in a bowl, add the basil, crushed garlic, Pecorino, egg and a large pinch of salt.
- 6Mix thoroughly.
- 7Add enough breadcrumbs to hold the mix firmly.
- 8Form the mixture into walnut sized balls and roll in breadcrumbs.
- 9Heat plenty of corn oil in a deep pan.
- 10Fry the eggplant balls in batches so that they have enough room to move about in the oil.
- 11They should be golden-brown after about 5 minutes.
- 12Leave to dry on paper towels.
- 13Serve hot or cold.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggplant (Aubergine) Balls
Serving Size: 1 (129 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.7
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 78.8 mg
- Sodium 320.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 11.1 g