1/5 Photos of Eggplant (Aubergine) Appetizer - Romanian Style - (Vinete)
TOOLBELT DIVA's Note:
Annie swore by Mazola oil... Annie is my mother; Her children all affectionately called her Annie. Eggplant was relatively inexpensive. It was used frequently in various Romanian recipes prepared in my home. I developed a taste for the eggplant's distinctive flavour and enjoy it to this day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Broil eggplant on all sides until well cooked -- turning frequently as it cooks.
- 2Scrape the purple skin off, and discard skin.
- 3Mash eggplant well with a wooden spoon,.
- 4Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- 5Mix grated onions with one tsp of mazola oil.
- 6Add to mashed eggplant.
- 7Add remaining 1/4 cup of oil to eggplant slowly, stirring constantly.
- 8Add lemon juice.
- 9Mix well, and serve as an appetizer on crackers or other bread rounds.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggplant (Aubergine) Appetizer - Romanian Style - (Vinete)
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 109.7
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 1.1 g