Recipe by * Pamela *
A great appetizer created for RSC#7. If you have never tried eggplant before this recipe will win you over! This makes a huge batch, so feel free to half it if you are not feeding a large crowd. Or can also freeze the extras to have on hand for another day.
- 473.18 ml eggplants, peeled and finely chopped
- 946.36 ml crushed tomatoes
- 236.59 ml green pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 120 g can tuna in water, drained
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 236.59 ml green beans, chopped finely
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 0.25 ml clove
- 0.25 ml cinnamon
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml salt
- 118.29 ml balsamic vinegar
- 118.29 ml oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Add all ingredients to a large saucepan and heat over medium heat until mixture bgins to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring often.
- Pour into freezer containers or canning jars leaving an inch headspace.
- Cool completely, label, and freeze.
- Defrost overnight before serving.
- Serve this on your favourite crackers or on toasted french bread slices.
- Makes a great gift!