1/1 Photo of Eggplant (Aubergine) Antipasto
* Pamela *'s Note:
A great appetizer created for RSC#7. If you have never tried eggplant before this recipe will win you over! This makes a huge batch, so feel free to half it if you are not feeding a large crowd. Or can also freeze the extras to have on hand for another day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups eggplants, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup green pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 (120 g) can tuna in water, drained
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup green beans, chopped finely
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 pinch clove
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1Add all ingredients to a large saucepan and heat over medium heat until mixture bgins to boil.
- 2Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring often.
- 3Pour into freezer containers or canning jars leaving an inch headspace.
- 4Cool completely, label, and freeze.
- 5Defrost overnight before serving.
- 6Serve this on your favourite crackers or on toasted french bread slices.
- 7Makes a great gift!
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggplant (Aubergine) Antipasto
Serving Size: 1 (994 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 176.6
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 5.0 mg
- Sodium 739.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: