Recipe by Marie
The thyme and garlic flavored mayonnaise adds incredible flavor to this tomato and broiled Parmesan crusted eggplant which is served on crusty French bread.
Top Review by Ms B.
Yum! The garlic and thyme mayo is very good on this sandwich. I had some sliced eggplant and seasoned bread crumbs left from another recipe and just added the parmesan cheese to the crumbs before broiling the eggplant for this sandwich. I also used French bread that had been topped with poppy seeds, sesame seeds, and minced onion to add even more flavor to the sandwich. It was great and very filling.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 14.79 ml water
- 1 eggplant, peeled cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 9.85 ml fresh thyme
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 loaf French bread, halved lengthwise
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat egg and water together and brush it on the eggplant slices.
- Dip both sides of the eggplant into the Parmesan cheese.
- Place slices on a baking sheet and place under broiler.
- Brown both sides, about 5 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- Mix garlic and thyme into mayonnaise and spread on bread.
- Layer the eggplant and tomato slices on bread.
- Slice sandwich into 4 sections and serve.