Recipe by The Great Googilymoogily
Fried eggplant in a pancetta tomato sauce served with penne. The sauce is very thick and chunky with an excellent flavour.
- 1 yellow onion (diced)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 100 g hot pancetta (diced)
- 1 (28 ounce) can Italian plum tomatoes
- 1 large eggplant (diced into small cubes)
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pan saute pancetta in olive oil for 3 minutes.
- Add diced onions and saute for another 10 minutes until onions are translucent.
- Add minced garlic and saute another minute.
- In a second pan deep fry eggplant cubes in oil(vegetable or canola) for about 15-18 minutes until golden brown.
- Add canned tomatoes to the first pan and break up tomatoes into rough chunks. Let simmer about 15 minutes.
- Boil penne pasta till al dente.
- Add penne and eggplant into sauce and mix well.
- Serve with grated parmesan cheese on top and enjoy.