Recipe by Armeeta "Mina"
Most people have never tried lamb. Since my family doesn't eat beef, we ate this as an alternative. Surprisingly, it tastes just like chicken. And this actually turned out pretty good.
- 8 pre cooked lasagna noodles
- 2 large eggplants
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 onions
- 14 ounces cooked lamb, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh cilantro, leaves removed
- 2 1⁄4 cups bechamel sauce
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- (I also have the recipe for the bechamel sauce).
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wash the eggplants and cut in half lengthwise.
- Coat generously with olive oil.
- Place in a roasting pan and bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minute.
- Peel the garlic and onion.
- Place in the bowl of a food processor along with the pieces of cooked lamb and the cumin.
- Process until finely chopped.
- When eggplants are cooked, scoop out the flesh and crush with a fork.
- In a pan combine th eggplant flesh, tomatoes, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add cilantro leaves.
- Simmer until mixture thickens. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Lightly oil a baking dish. Pour some of the bechamel sauce into the bottom of the dish, then build up alternate layers of lasagna noodles, lamb, and onion mixture, Bechamel Sauce, and the eggplant and tomato sauce.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minute.