Recipe by bluemoon downunder
As appetisers, these stylish and elegant Eggplant and Feta Rolls couldn't be quicker and easier to make, and there are times when that's just what we're all after: a simple, and tasty dish that is quick to put together, but doesn't actually look or taste 'quick and easy'! Naturally this recipe has fewer ingredients than other similar recipes. And that really means that more than ever the ingredients need to be TOP quality. I found this recipe in the June edition of the magazine 'Australian Table: easy family food and healthy living'.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a wonderful side dish for eggplant lovers. I brushed the eggplant slices with olive oil and then sprinkled them with salt and pepper, then grilled them instead of pan-frying, then sprinkled them with Parmesan cheese before stuffing with feta and basil leaves and rolling them up. Make certain to slice the eggplants quite thin or they will not roll up well. Great recipe bluemoon, thanks so much!..Kitten:)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut eggplants lengthways into thin slices and sprinkle with salt. Allow to stand in a colander for fifteen minutes.
- Rinse and dry well.
- Panfry eggplant slices in olive oil, until golden brown on both sides. Drain and cool.
- Lay eggplant slices out flat, add chopped basil and crumbled feta and roll up.
- Place on a platter to serve.
- TIP: To save time, buy grilled eggplant from a deli counter, and if desired, substitute grilled capsicum for eggplant.