As appetisers, these stylish and elegant Eggplant and Feta Rolls couldn't be quicker and easier to make, and there are times when that's just what we're all after: a simple, and tasty dish that is quick to put together, but doesn't actually look or taste 'quick and easy'! Naturally this recipe has fewer ingredients than other similar recipes. And that really means that more than ever the ingredients need to be TOP quality. I found this recipe in the June edition of the magazine 'Australian Table: easy family food and healthy living'.
- Cut eggplants lengthways into thin slices and sprinkle with salt. Allow to stand in a colander for fifteen minutes.
- Rinse and dry well.
- Panfry eggplant slices in olive oil, until golden brown on both sides. Drain and cool.
- Lay eggplant slices out flat, add chopped basil and crumbled feta and roll up.
- Place on a platter to serve.
- TIP: To save time, buy grilled eggplant from a deli counter, and if desired, substitute grilled capsicum for eggplant.