Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
From the Australian magazine Food Ideas
- 850 g eggplants
- olive oil or cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 200 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄3 cup flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 200c.
- Pierce eggplant all over with a skewer and either rub or spray with oil.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Roast for 35-40 minutes or until very tender.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Cut the eggplants in half and scoop out the flesh with a metal spoon, discarding the skin.
- Place the flesh in a bowl, add the lemon juice, three-quarters of the feta and three-quarters of the parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with the remaining feta and parsley and serve.
Prep time's easy after the initial roasting. Topped it on bread. It's good although DH didn't wasn't really that fascinated with it. Thanks for letting us try this though! Made for Recipe Swap #23.
Delicious--I let this sit overnight and then brought it to room temperature. Excellent with crackers or with crudites. Thanks, Jan!