Recipe by jonesies
This dish is reminiscent of eggplant parmesan, but with an important difference. The eggplant is cooked in the mircrowave, so you don't need to saute it in a large amount of oil. Taken from the "Quick and Healthy Low Fat Cooking" cookbook.
- 8 ounces bow tie pasta
- 8 cups eggplants, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups onions, diced
- 3 cups low-sodium tomato sauce
- 1 pinch ground red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the noodles in a large pot of boiling water for 15 minutes, or until just tender.
- Drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, place the eggplant and onions in a 3-quart casserole.
- Cover with lid or vented plastic wrap.
- Microwave on high for a total of 8 minutes, or until soft; stop and stir halfway through the cooking period.
- Stir in the tomato sauce and pepper.
- Cover again and microwave on high for 4 minutes, or until bubbly.
- Serve over the noodles.
- Sprinkle with paremsan.