Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This dish is reminiscent of eggplant parmesan, but with an important difference. The eggplant is cooked in the mircrowave, so you don't need to saute it in a large amount of oil. Taken from the "Quick and Healthy Low Fat Cooking" cookbook.
- 8 ounces bow tie pasta
- 8 cups eggplants, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups onions, diced
- 3 cups low-sodium tomato sauce
- 1 pinch ground red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook the noodles in a large pot of boiling water for 15 minutes, or until just tender.
- Drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, place the eggplant and onions in a 3-quart casserole.
- Cover with lid or vented plastic wrap.
- Microwave on high for a total of 8 minutes, or until soft; stop and stir halfway through the cooking period.
- Stir in the tomato sauce and pepper.
- Cover again and microwave on high for 4 minutes, or until bubbly.
- Serve over the noodles.
- Sprinkle with paremsan.