Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
tasty side dish
- 1 large eggplant, peeled
- 1 large green pepper, seeded
- 1⁄2 garlic clove
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2-1 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- Peel garlic and crush.
- In a big pot, melt butter, and saute garlic until it is yellow and dry.
- Add tomato paste, and add two large tablespoons of vinegar into the pot and mix with the garlic and butter.
- Mix well, cook on very low for 15 minutes, and continue mixing it, watching carefully so as not to scorch.
- Wash eggplant and green pepper.
- Peel eggplant.
- Cut eggplant into circles.
- Cut large circles into half.
- Cut green pepper into slices, throw out seeds.
- Rewash eggplant and peppers.
- Sprinkle salt on eggplant.
- Preheat oil in frying pan to 350°F.
- Cook eggplant until brown.
- Then, turn and cook until both sides are brown.
- When eggplant is done, cook the pepper in the oil until soft.
- When it is done, add the eggplant and pepper to the tomato mixture and cover.
- It can be eaten hot or cold.
- It tastes better to heat it before you eat it with rice or with Pita Bread, and tomato and cucumber salad.
Pretty yummy, I broiled the vegetables with extra virgin olive oil & served with brown basmati rice which was a nice complement. I used sea salt, the lesser amount of butter, white vinegar, plus the rest of the ingredients.