Recipe by Stephaner
This is a great "stay indoors" kind of day...comfort food!!! Very tasty and filling!
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 cups eggplants, cubed and peeled
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon light butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, shreaded
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Over medium-high heat. Cook onion, garlic, and eggplant until onion is softened and eggplant is golden brown. Remove skillet and set aside.
- Brown turkey and add basil, oregano, cinnamon, salt, and pepper. Stir in tomato sauce and the eggplant mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place butter in 10 inch pie plate. Place in oven until butter is melted.
- Yorkshire pudding: In medium bowl beat eggs, add milk and beat until well blended. Add flour and salt. beat until smooth. Pour batter into heated pie plate.
- Place turkey mixture in middle of batter. Spread out upto an inch of edge of pie pan. Sprinkle with cheddar and Parmesan cheeses.
- Bake 30 minutes or until brown and puffy. Cut into wedges and serve.