Recipe by Recipe Reader
A simple baked dish of sliced eggplant, tomatoes, and onion that is so delicious! From Melissa D'Arabian. I did sprinkle some dried herbs (herbs de provance) over the vegetables before baking.
- 2 -3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small eggplant, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- kosher salt
- 2 small onions, sliced into 1/4-inch thick rounds
- 1 garlic clove, cut in half
- 2 tomatoes, sliced into 1/4-inch thick rounds
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large saute pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add the eggplant slices, season with salt and cook until golden on both sides.
- Remove to a plate and repeat with the onion slices.
- Rub a baking dish with the garlic halves, then discard.
- In the baking dish, layer the eggplant, onions, and tomato slices, alternating the vegetables in rows with slices overlapping.
- Drizzle a little more olive oil on top.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake until heated through and the tomatoes are soft but still hold their shape, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the baking dish and set the oven to broil.
- Remove foil and sprinkle the tomatoes with the shredded cheese. Broil to melt and brown the cheese, about 2 minutes.