Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
My garden is running over with eggplant. My family liked this one and it is pretty easy to make. Peeling and deveining the fish is what takes so long.
- 1 lb unpeeled medium shrimp
- 2 medium eggplants
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 1 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and devein shrimp, set aside.
- Cut both eggplants in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the pulp, leaving about a 1/2-inch shell; chop the pulp and set aside.
- Cook the eggplant shells in boiling water to cover for 2-3 minutes; drain and put shells in a 13x9 inch baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a big saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- Add in the reserved chopped eggplant, onion, mushrooms, salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Stir frequently and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in the shrimp and cook 3-5 minutes or until the shrimp are pink; stir frequently.
- Add in soup and sherry; stir to combine and take pan off heat source.
- Add in breadcrumbs and half the parmesan cheese; stir to combine; adjust seasoning to taste.
- Spoon mixture into eggplant shells.
- Sprinkle evenly with remaining parmesan and parsley.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until well heated.