Prep 2 mins
Cook 8 mins
Who needs mayo (more egg?) when you're making an egg salad sandwich? Switch it up use avocado instead as a new protein/healthy fat source!
- 1⁄2 ripe avocado, Mashed
- 1 -2 hard-boiled egg, depending how hungry you are
- 1 tablespoon red onion
- 1 -2 slice sprouted grain bread (Alternatively, use crackers or a pita)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- tomatoes (optional)
- hot sauce (optional)
- mixed sprouts (optional)
- red cabbage (add a little crunch) (optional)
- cilantro (optional)
- shredded carrot (optional)
- Mash the avocado, and your salt/pepper/garlic powder/onion together in a bowl and set aside. You can taste your concoction to see if you want to add some spice or more flavour.
- Boil your egg(s) using your preferred method, if you're not sure how to - google is your friend!
- Peel shell off boiled egg(s) and roughly chop, add to avocado mixture and mash with a fork.
- Transfer to bread vessel of your choice (or leave in bowl and snack with crackers!).
- Top with any optional veggies/sauces that you desire and eat up, smile.