Recipe by SeaChelle
I found this McCormick recipe in a magazine. McCormick suggest dipping the truffles in two batches as the coldness of the truffles may cause the melted chocolate to harden. Cooking time is chill time.
Top Review by meredithb24
I made these for my department's Holiday Open House two weeks ago. They were a hit! So much so that my mother is requesting that I bring them to our Christmas celebration at her house tomorrow.
- 1 lb white chocolate, divided
- 0.5 (4 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, plus more for sprinkling
- 1⁄4 teaspoon imitation rum extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 8 oz of the chocolate as directed on the package. Beat cream cheese, sugar, nutmeg, and extract in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended and smooth. Add melted chocolate and beat until well mixed. Cover.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm. Shape into 24 (approx 3/4 inch) balls. Place on waxed paper-lined tray. Refrigerate until ready to dip.
- Coat only 12 truffles at a time. Melt 4 oz of the remaining chocolate in a small microwavable bowl on medium 1 1/2 minutes, stirring after one minute. Using a fork, dip 1 truffle at a time into the chocolate. Place on wax paper-lined tray. Sprinkle truffles with nutmeg. Repeat until all truffles are dipped.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until chocolate is set.
- Store truffles in refrigerator up to one week.