Recipe by Nursebarb
I found these in the 2000 book Christmas with Southern Living - they are really good - and a good break from all the chocolate. Egg Nog lovers will love them. I know they got the thumbs up from my family of Egg Nog lovers. I put them on the holiday tray with Cookie Dough Truffles and AngieMe's Snow Balls (Oreo Truffles) - made a great presentation and all disappeared fast. Prep time does not include freezer/chill time.
- 8 (1 ounce) squares premium white baking chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup refrigerated eggnog
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 6 ounces vanilla candy coating
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt white choclate in a glass bowl according to package directions.
- Add powdered sugar, butter and eggnog; stir gently until mixture is smooth.
- Add rum and nutmeg, stirring just until blended.
- Cover and freeze at least 2 hours.
- Let truffle mixture stand at room temperature 1-2 minutes to soften, if necessary.
- Using 2 small spoons, shape mixture into 1 inch balls.
- Quickly roll in pecans.
- Place on wax paper-lined jellyroll pan; cover and freeze until firm.
- Melt candy coating accoring to package directions.
- Remove truffles from freezer; reshape into balls, if necessary.
- Using two forks, quickly dip each truffle into melted coating.
- Place on wax paper to harden.
- Store truffles in freezer up to one week.