Recipe by dicentra
These are something special.
Top Review by AstroChef IA
I used the filling though soft and covered it with the chocolate and it made the Truffles perfect...hord shell with soft center. Everyone asked HOW I DID THAT? I just smiled. The soft constency is different than other truffles I've made, and I almost stopped, but it was work the effort!
- 8 (1 ounce) squares premium white baking chocolate (we tested with Baker's)
- 1⁄2 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup refrigerated eggnog
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 6 ounces vanilla candy coating
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt white chocolate in a glass bowl. Add powdered sugar, butter, and eggnog; stir gently until mixture is smooth.
- Add rum and nutmeg, stirring just until blended. Cover and freeze at least 2 hours.
- Let truffle mixture stand at room temperature 1 to 2 minutes to soften, if necessary.
- Using 2 small spoons, shape mixture into 1" balls. Quickly roll in pecans. Place on a wax paper-lined jellyroll pan; cover and freeze until firm.
- Melt candy coating according to package directions. Remove truffles from freezer; reshape into balls, if necessary.
- Using two forks, quickly dip each truffle into melted coating. Place on wax paper to harden. Store truffles in freezer up to one week.