- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup eggnog
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (Ghirardeli 60% cocoa preferred)
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- CHOCOLATE CUPS: Melt chips with shortening in heavy, small saucepan over very low heat, stirring constantly. Spoon about 1/2 tablespoon of the chocolate mixture into each small foil candy cup. With back of spoon, bring some of the chocolate up side of each cup. Refrigerate until firm.
- TRUFFLES: Melt chips with butter and eggnog in heavy, medium saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally. Pour into pie pan. Refrigerate until mixture is thick, but soft, about 2 hours.
- Spoon truffle mixture into pastry bag fitted with large star tip. Pipe mixture into chocolate cups. Truffles can be refrigerated 2-3 days or frozen several weeks.
- Hint: To remove foil cups, cut slit in bottom of the cup and peel foil up from bottom. Doi not peel down from the top edge.