Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an elegant and delicious Christmas dessert that I served Christmas last year and will serve it again because everybody likes it. Enjoy it and have a Merry Christmas.
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 cups eggnog
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided (or use reduced-fat cool whip)
- 10 1⁄2 ounces angel food cake
- 1 cup raspberry jam (or use marmalade)
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- maraschino cherry, halves
- In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix until blended. Gradually add eggnog; mix well. Fold in extract and 1 cup whipped cream (or use cool whip); set aside.
- Cut cake into 1/2-in. slices; place a fourth in a 2-qt. serving bowl. Top with 1/3 cup jam. Spoon 1 cup of eggnog mixture over all. Repeat twice.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Fold sugar and vanilla into remaining whipped cream; spoon on top of trifle. Garnish with cherries.
- NOTE: You can make it the night before or early in the morning and placed in the fridge until serving time.