pink cook's Note:
This is an elegant and delicious Christmas dessert that I served Christmas last year and will serve it again because everybody likes it. Enjoy it and have a Merry Christmas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 cups eggnog
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided (or use reduced-fat cool whip)
- 10 1/2 ounces angel food cake
- 1 cup raspberry jam (or use marmalade)
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- maraschino cherry, halves
- 1In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix until blended. Gradually add eggnog; mix well. Fold in extract and 1 cup whipped cream (or use cool whip); set aside.
- 2Cut cake into 1/2-in. slices; place a fourth in a 2-qt. serving bowl. Top with 1/3 cup jam. Spoon 1 cup of eggnog mixture over all. Repeat twice.
- 3Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Fold sugar and vanilla into remaining whipped cream; spoon on top of trifle. Garnish with cherries.
- 4NOTE: You can make it the night before or early in the morning and placed in the fridge until serving time.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggnog Trifle
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 487.3
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 101.8 mg
- Sodium 444.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 49.6 g
- Protein 6.9 g