Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an easy, yet beautiful dessert. The custard is very light. I usually double the recipe and fill a large trifle bowl.
- 1 1⁄4 cups cold milk
- 1 (4 ounce) boxjell-o French vanilla instant pudding
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 sara lee frozen pound cake
- 3 cups halved strawberries
- 1⁄4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- Pour milk into large bowl. Add pudding mix, 2 tablespoons of the juice and nutmeg. Beat with wire whisk 1 to 2 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes. Gently stir in whipped topping.
- Slice cake horizontally into 4 layers. Sprinkle cake layers evenly with remaining 2 tablespoons juice. Cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Place 2/3 of the cake cubes in bottom of a 2 ½ quart straight-sided bowl. Spoon 2/3 of the whipped topping mixture over cake cubes. Top with strawberries and toasted almonds, reserving several for garnish, if desired. Layer remaining cake cubes and shipped topping mixture over strawberries. Garnish with reserved strawberries and almonds.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until ready to serve.
I am making this for a graduation party. Beautiful display!