Recipe by Una Rose
My Mother always made this at Christmas and I have kept on the tradition. When my husband and I got divorced , this recipe was one of the things he asked for ( naturally I didn't give it to him- it is a secret family recipe-lol)I don't care for the taste of alcohol but love this recipe. It is VERY thick and people almost lick the glass after drinking it.
- 6 eggs (seperated)
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 ounces rye meal
- 2 ounces rum (dark is best)
- 4 ounces sherry wine (can be the inexpensive type)
- 1 (1 pint) carton whipping cream
- 1⁄2 pint coffee creamer or 1⁄2 pint half-and-half
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat egg yolks and sugar till light& frothy.
- Add rye,rum,sherry and evaporated milk.
- Beat egg whites, until stiff and fold in sugar while beating.
- Add coffee cream.
- Fold egg white mixture into egg yolks.
- Whip the whipping cream and fold into egg mixture.