Prep 35 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is Celebrity Chef Johnny Rivers recipe as presented by our local dairy Berkeley Farms in a hand out they gave. I'm not sure who gave me the handout, but thank you for another great recipe whoever you are.
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 7 ounces eggnog
- 5 3⁄8 ounces mascarpone or 5 3⁄8 ounces cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons harveys bristol cream sherry
- 2 cups espresso
- 2 ounces marsala
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 24 french-style ladyfinger cookies
- 3 tablespoons sweetened powdered cocoa mix
- Step One - Prepare Cream Mixture:.
- In an electric mixer, whip sugar and egg yolk on high speed until pale yellow and thick. With mixer on medium speed add mascarpone or cream cheese and whip until smooth. Add 1 oz Marsala and mix until incorporated. Fold in eggnog. Refrigerate.
- Step Two - Prepare Espresso Mixture:.
- Combine espresso, additional 1 oz Marsala, sugar, and warm water. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Step Three:.
- To assemble, dip ladyfingers in espresso mixture. Layer dipped ladyfingers on bottom of serving platter. Top with one layer of cream mixture. Add another layer of ladyfinger, topped with a second layer of cream mixture. Sift cocoa over top.