1/1 Photo of Eggnog Thumbprints
1 hr 30 mins
Barenaked Chef's Note:
These were so wonderful! They tasted best fresh out of the oven, as all cookies do. Be sure to sprinkle with nutmeg for the complete "eggnog" experience.Source: Grumpy's Honey Bunch blog.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large mixer bowl beat 3/4 cup butter till softened. Add sugar and brown sugar and beat til fluffy. Add egg, vanilla, and salt and beat well. Add flour and beat til well mixed. Cover and chill about 1 hour or till easy to handle.
- 2Shape into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Press down centers with thumb. Bake in a 350 degree oven about 12 minutes or till done. Remove and cool.
- 3For filling, in a small mixer bowl beat 1/4 cup butter til softened. Add powdered sugar and beat till fluffy. Add rum and beat well. Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon filling into center of each cookie. Sprinkle with nutmeg. Chill till filling is firm. Makes about 50.
- 4*You may substitute 1 tablespoon milk and 1/4 teaspoon rum extract for the rum.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggnog Thumbprints
Serving Size: 1 (820 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1483.9
- Calories from Fat 688
- Total Fat 76.5 g
- Saturated Fat 47.4 g
- Cholesterol 269.6 mg
- Sodium 918.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 186.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 108.7 g
- Protein 13.6 g