Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Mmmmm. These are delicious!
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons brandy extract
- 1 egg
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3⁄4 teaspoon brandy extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 -8 drops yellow food coloring
- additional nutmeg
- Preheat over to 350°F.
- Beat sugar, butter, vanilla and brandy extracts, and egg until light& fluffy.
- Add flour and nutmeg. Stir until well combined.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place on a very lightly greased cookie sheet. Slightly flatten the balls and use the end of a wooden spoon to create "thumbprints" in the tops of the balls.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until firm but not browned.
- Remove from oven and using the end of the wooden spoon, gently tap the "thumbprint" if the have puffed up at all (to create more room for icing!).
- Cool completely on wire racks.
- For the frosting, combine ingredients and beat on high with an electric mixer until light and fluffy (about 3-4 minutes).
- Using a star-tipped icing bag, pipe icing into "thumbprints".
- Sprinkle generously with additional nutmeg.
- Store in the fridge for up to 5 weeks (can also be frozen).