1/2 Photos of Eggnog Thumbprints
Mmmmm. These are delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons brandy extract
- 1 egg
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1Preheat over to 350°F.
- 2Beat sugar, butter, vanilla and brandy extracts, and egg until light& fluffy.
- 3Add flour and nutmeg. Stir until well combined.
- 4Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place on a very lightly greased cookie sheet. Slightly flatten the balls and use the end of a wooden spoon to create "thumbprints" in the tops of the balls.
- 5Bake 12-15 minutes until firm but not browned.
- 6Remove from oven and using the end of the wooden spoon, gently tap the "thumbprint" if the have puffed up at all (to create more room for icing!).
- 7Cool completely on wire racks.
- 8For the frosting, combine ingredients and beat on high with an electric mixer until light and fluffy (about 3-4 minutes).
- 9Using a star-tipped icing bag, pipe icing into "thumbprints".
- 10Sprinkle generously with additional nutmeg.
- 11Store in the fridge for up to 5 weeks (can also be frozen).
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggnog Thumbprints
Serving Size: 1 (1113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1652.8
- Calories from Fat 685
- Total Fat 76.1 g
- Saturated Fat 47.0 g
- Cholesterol 263.7 mg
- Sodium 545.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 226.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 129.9 g
- Protein 15.8 g