Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this from a Tennessee cookbook years ago. It's sounds yummy! Note that it must sit for 2 days to enhance the flavor.
- 12 eggs, separated
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 quart Jack Daniels Whiskey (Black Label)
- 1⁄4 cup rum
- 1 quart half-and-half
- 1 quart heavy whipping cream, whipped to medium peaks
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg (garnish)
- Break eggs and separate. To the yolks add all the sugar and then beat thoroughly till the mixture is light, thick and smooth.
- Add jack, a little at a time, beating vigorously. Add all of rum and beat again.
- Add half and half, mixing well, then add fold in the whipped heavy cream.
- Beat egg whites to soft peaks then fold into mixture. Let stand to ripen 2 days in the fridge. Serve in a punchbowl with a sprinkle of nutmeg.
Whew! This is a nice and simple eggnog to make up. It is very strong. I once read that the alcohol kills any potential nasties from uncooked eggs. I can attest to being quite 'healthy' after this. Just look at the rosy glow on my face! ;) I was worried the Jack would cause this to separate, but it stayed together long enough for my girlfriends to get their hands on it while we were making our Christmas cookies. I'm not so sure how the cookies turned out though! Made and Reviewed for Please Review My Recipe Tag - Thanks! :)