Recipe by JamesDean'sGirl
Recipe from Land 'O Lakes. I made these one Sunday afternoon for an impromtu dinner party and they were a hit. I figured now's the season for eggnog!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rum extract
- 2 1⁄3 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350*F.
- Cream the butter and 1 cup of the powdered sugar in a large bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed until creamy.
- Add the vanilla and rum extracts; blend well.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and add the flour, nutmeg, and salt; beat just until combined. (mixture will be dry and crumbly.).
- Stir in the pecans by hand.
- Shape dough into 1" balls; space 1" apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 13-16 minutes, or until cookies are set.
- Cool on wire racks 10 minutes; roll in remaining powdered sugar while cookies are still warm.