1/1 Photo of Eggnog Sweet Potatoes
24 hrs 20 mins
Chef PotPie's Note:
I found this recipe by Lisa Renshaw in Cooks Illustrated Magazine. I know my family is going to love this!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large egg white, beaten
- 1/2 cup cashews, toasted, cooled, and chopped fine
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 300* F.
- 2Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 3Toss egg white with toasted nuts in a bowl.
- 4In a medium bowl, mix 2 tablespoons brown sugar with cinnamon.
- 5Stir nut mixture into cinnamon mixture, spread on baking sheet, and bake until hardened and candy-like, about 30 minutes.
- 6Allow mixture to cool completely, then crumble into small pieces. (Topping can be stored in airtight container up to 5 days.).
- 7Steam sweet potatoes in steamer basket set in large covered suacepan with 1 inch of boiling water until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain.
- 8Using electric mixer on medium speed, beat heavy cream in large bowl until stiff peaks form, and transfer to medium bowl.
- 9Beat sweet potatoes in the now-empty bowl until very smooth. Beat in butter, remaining 2 tablespoons brown sugar, eggnog, zest, juice, nutmeg, and salt.
- 10Fold in whipped cream, transfer to serving bowl, top with the praline mixture, and serve.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggnog Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 379.3
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 50.9 mg
- Sodium 627.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 18.0 g
- Protein 5.9 g