Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Spice up the usual sugar cookie recipe with eggnog for a seasonal treat! Found at http://traceysculinaryadventures.blogspot.com
- 709.77 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml nutmeg
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml salt
- 236.59 ml butter, cubed
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 1 egg
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 4.92 ml dark rum or 1.23 ml rum extract
- melted butter (optional)
- cinnamon sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Mix the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes).
- Mix in the egg, vanilla extract, and rum and beat until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and beat until you get a crumbly dough.
- Roll the dough to about 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface.
- Use cookie cutters to cut out shapes and place the cookies on the baking sheets.
- Refrigerate for about 15 minutes.
- Brush the tops of the cookies with melted butter then sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the edges become light golden brown, rotating the pans halfway through.
- Cool the pans on a baking rack for a few minutes before transferring the cookies to a baking rack.