Recipe by MARIA MAC *
I love this recipe. Its simple, easy and it makes 60 cookies for my cookie trays. I make sure I use alot of sugar so the colors are bright. Prep time does not include chilling time.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup eggnog
- 1⁄3 cup red and green decorator sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, baking powder and nutmeg; set aside. Cream butter and granulated sugar at medium speed of electric mixer.
- Add egg yolks; beat until fluffy. Blend in eggnog. Add flour mixture, mixing until thoroughly combined.
- Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm. Combine decorating sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll dough into 3/4 inch balls; roll in colored sugar mixture to coat. Place 2 inches apart on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400° F for 8 to 10 minute or until set.