Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love this recipe. Its simple, easy and it makes 60 cookies for my cookie trays. I make sure I use alot of sugar so the colors are bright. Prep time does not include chilling time.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup eggnog
- 1⁄3 cup red and green decorator sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine flour, baking powder and nutmeg; set aside. Cream butter and granulated sugar at medium speed of electric mixer.
- Add egg yolks; beat until fluffy. Blend in eggnog. Add flour mixture, mixing until thoroughly combined.
- Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm. Combine decorating sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll dough into 3/4 inch balls; roll in colored sugar mixture to coat. Place 2 inches apart on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400° F for 8 to 10 minute or until set.
Loved these cookies, turned out moist and yummy. My girlfriend and her daughters want me to bake more asap!
These were really quite good. They actually taste like eggnog! They have a wonderful texture. The only thing I changed was I added the cinnamon to the dough because it dulled the color of ths decorating sugars and I wanted the cookies to be more vibrant.
We made these last year for Christmas for the first time and people just loved them. I got several comments on them. I'm defiantly going to make them again this year. My family and friends just love them!