Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A perky flavor to standard snickerdoodles. Great for a holiday tray with the flavors of eggnog! Mix together very quickly so easy for beginning bakers.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon rum extract
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and 1 1/2 cups sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs and rum extract.
- Combine the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the nutmeg and remaining 1/4 cup sugar.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls, roll in sugar mixture.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400F for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.