Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
There are loads of snickerdoodle recipes here on Zaar but I didn't see one like this. These are very flavorful cookies that are easy to make. I substitute actual brandy and rum for the extracts.
- 650.62 ml flour
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml butter, no substitutes
- 2 eggs
- 9.85 ml cream of tartar
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 2.46 ml brandy extract
- 2.46 ml rum extract
- 2.46 ml nutmeg
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml nutmeg
- Heat oven to 400º. In large mixer bowl, combine all cookie ingredients. Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often until well mixed (2 to 4 minutes).
- In a small bowl, stir together sugar mixture ingredients.
- Shape rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into 1 inch balls; roll in sugar mixture.
- Place 2 inches apart on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly brown.
Great cookies! Snickerdoodles are my favorite and I love eggnog so these are a perfect combination. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe!
These baked up nicely! I also used the jamacian rum and brabdy. They were a hit!
Such great cookies! I love the light flavor and texture they have and that they are not super sweet. I used my 1 in cookie scoop and got 34 cookies. Made for a bake sale at DSs school and kept a dozen for us. Made for Photo Forums 2010 Holiday Celebration.