Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I LOVE THIS. Okay, I thought this up a few nights ago when I wanted a banana smoothie but didn't have any milk in the fridge. I used regular (not low fat) egg nog from the store since it's what I had, but I'm sure the light kind would be just as good. I know fruit smoothies are usually a little healthier than this, but I think its perfect for brunch during the holidays! (Tip: Peel and break the bananas up before freezing them) Also, the store bought variety of egg nog keeps you from having to spice it yourself.
- 2 peeled frozen ripe bananas
- 2 cups eggnog
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts or 1⁄4 cup pistachio nut, crumbled
- nutmeg (optional)
- Put banana pieces and egg nog in the blender.
- Puree/Pulse mixture until smooooooooooth.
- Garnish w/nuts of your choice,& a sprinkle of nutmeg if desired.
Pure indulgent deliciousness! If you're going to splurge a bit, highly recommend this!
For an "eggnog lover" this is heaven! I used fresh nutmeg on top. Thanks Honeyed, for posting! Roxygirl
So simple & delicious, my toddler DD devoured this one, left out the nuts & what a great way to get eggs into her, thanks!