1/7 Photos of Eggnog Rum Bundt Cake
1 hr 40 mins
A wonderful way to cook with eggnog. A little time consuming but well worth it. This was at our family Christmas party and everyone including me asked for the recipe. Edited to add if the cake is coming out dry its being overcooked. Every bundt pan is different. If you have a dark coated or heavy one you should be testing the cake with a cake tester as well as if its a regular bundt pan because every oven is different. I always check all my cakes earlier than the timer goes off. Also bundt cakes and eggnog are a heavy cake its dense like a cofffee cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups unsifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg or 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 1/4 cups superfine sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup prepared eggnog, plus
- 1 tablespoon prepared eggnog
- 3 tablespoons dark rum
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease inside of a 10 inch bundt pan with shortening and dust with flour, or spray lightly with cooking spray.
- 3Set aside.
- 4To prepare batter: Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg onto a sheet of wax paper and set aside.
- 5Cream butter in the large bowl of an electric mixer on a moderate speed for 3 to 4 minutes.
- 6Add superfine sugar in three additions, beating 1 minute after each portion is added.
- 7Add eggs one at a time, beating about 45 seconds after each is added.
- 8Blend in vanilla extract.
- 9On low speed, alternately add sifted mixture in three additions with the eggnog in two addtions, beginning and ending with sifted mixture.
- 10Scrape down the sides of the bowl often.
- 11Add rum and beat 30 seconds.
- 12(The batter will be medium thick and very creamy.) Spoon into prepared pan and lightly smooth top with a spatula.
- 13Bake on center oven rack 55 minutes, or until a wooden pick or cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 14Let cake set in pan on a rack 10 minutes before unmolding onto a rack.
- 15To prepare glaze: While cake is cooling in the pan, place butter, granulated sugar and rum in a nonreactive saucepan.
- 16Set over low heat and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- 17Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes.
- 18Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- 19Place rack with warm cake on a sheet of wax paper.
- 20Spoon glaze over cake in layers, using all of glaze.
- 21Cool completely before wrapping.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggnog Rum Bundt Cake
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 400.4
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 94.1 mg
- Sodium 205.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 35.6 g
- Protein 4.7 g