Top Review by scancan
This potentially can be a great rice pudding if only I had used half the amount of eggnog and substituted the other half with milk. I felt it was just too intense tasting for such a small amount of rice (and I increased the amount to 1 cup). I hope to try it again with the changes since I really love eggnog and rice pudding.
- 3⁄4 cup long grain white rice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 quart eggnog
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the rice, salt, and water in a large, heavy saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium high heat.
- Cover and reduce heat to low, and simmer until the water has been absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Add the egg nog and nutmeg and cook over medium heat stirring continuously about 30 minutes. The rice is done when it becomes thick. Do not over cook the pudding or it will be gummy.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in the cranberries, if desired.
- Can be served warm or cold.