Recipe by Devon S
Great tasting 'Christmas' bread. Add some crushed candy canes or frozen cranberries for something different. Try cupcakes or mini-loaves too!
Top Review by Beeks
This is a keeper.I love eggnog and the thought of having in a quickbread was a great idea. The flavor was delicate. The only change I made was to half the nutmeg cause I'm not a nutmeg lover but next time I'll put the full amount cause it could use the extra spice. Thanks for a delicious recipe.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup eggnog
- 2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Grease bottom of 9X5 loaf pan.
- Beat eggs in large bowl.
- Stir in sugar, butter, eggnog, rum extract, vanilla extract.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
- Stir dry mix into egg mixture, just enough to moisten dry ingredients.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, or until tooth pick comes out clean when poked in the middle.
- Let cool for 10 min then turn out onto wire rack to cool completely.
- Wrap and store in refridgerator.