Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Looks really good for the holidays. A little more kid-friendly than the traditional recipe. :)
- 946.36 ml half-and-half, divided
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 14.78 ml vanilla
- 2.46 ml ground nutmeg
- 946.36 ml whipping cream
- 1419.54-1892.72 ml carbonated lemon-lime beverage, chilled
- 946.0 ml vanilla ice cream
- 118.29 ml maraschino cherry, chopped
- In a saucepan, combine 2 cups half and half, eggs and sugar.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 160 degrees or is thick enough to coat a spoon, about 9 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla, nutmeg and remaining half and half.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Pour into a punch bowl.
- Stir in whipping cream and soda.
- Top with scoops of ice cream and sprinkle with cherries.
- Serve immediately.
- Time does not include refrigeration time.