Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Taste of Home October/November 2006. I've made it and it is delicious!! Serve with a dollop of whipped topping that has a pinch of brown sugar and cinnamon and it is decadent.
- 1 (15 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin
- 1 1⁄4 cups eggnog
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pastry shells
- In a large bowl combine the pumpkin, eggnog, sugar, eggs, spices and salt.
- Mix well.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean---mine took about 70 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Refrigerate until serving.
I've used this every year since it was introduced. My family likes it better than one I had been using, which was a Blue Ribbon Winner at the Circleville, OH pumpkin festival. It is EASY to make, and delicious.
Wonderful recipe! I made this for the family and not a crumb was left over!
This is a fabulous recipe! We found it first in the original magazine, but are thrilled to see it here as well. Be sure when you make it to use deep dish pie shells as the standard are too shallow. You will not be diappointed.