1/2 Photos of Eggnog Pound Cake
1 hr 5 mins
Hey Jude's Note:
This easy, delicious cake uses a packaged cake mix but you wouldn't know it by the taste!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons softened butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, to grease pan
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups purchased eggnog
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons rum or 1/4 teaspoon rum flavoring
- 1Generously grease a 10-inch tube or bundt pan with the softened butter; press almonds on sides and bottom of pan; set aside.
- 2In a large bowl, combine cake mix, nutmeg, eggs, eggnog, the melted butter and the rum.
- 3Using an electric mixer, beat until smooth and creamy (about 4 minutes at medium speed) or beat about 450 strokes with a wooden spoon; pour batter into prepared pan.
- 4Bake in a 350° oven for 45 to 55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 5Let cool in pan for 10 minutes; then invert cake onto a rack to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggnog Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (97 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 368.8
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 79.0 mg
- Sodium 440.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 26.2 g
- Protein 6.3 g