Recipe by Hey Jude
This easy, delicious cake uses a packaged cake mix but you wouldn't know it by the taste!
Top Review by Susan Lee
Great use for leftover eggnog! This was a very tasty cake, extremely easy, and smelled heavenly! I did add a bit extra rum flavoring because I like it. I served the cake with Hagen Daaz Rum Raisin ice cream for an extra special treat. Thanks for sharing this!
- 2 tablespoons softened butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, to grease pan
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups purchased eggnog
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons rum or 1⁄4 teaspoon rum flavoring
Directions See How It's Made
- Generously grease a 10-inch tube or bundt pan with the softened butter; press almonds on sides and bottom of pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, nutmeg, eggs, eggnog, the melted butter and the rum.
- Using an electric mixer, beat until smooth and creamy (about 4 minutes at medium speed) or beat about 450 strokes with a wooden spoon; pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 45 to 55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes; then invert cake onto a rack to cool completely.