Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
This easy, delicious cake uses a packaged cake mix but you wouldn't know it by the taste!
- 2 tablespoons softened butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, to grease pan
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups purchased eggnog
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons rum or 1⁄4 teaspoon rum flavoring
- Generously grease a 10-inch tube or bundt pan with the softened butter; press almonds on sides and bottom of pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, nutmeg, eggs, eggnog, the melted butter and the rum.
- Using an electric mixer, beat until smooth and creamy (about 4 minutes at medium speed) or beat about 450 strokes with a wooden spoon; pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 45 to 55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes; then invert cake onto a rack to cool completely.
Great use for leftover eggnog! This was a very tasty cake, extremely easy, and smelled heavenly! I did add a bit extra rum flavoring because I like it. I served the cake with Hagen Daaz Rum Raisin ice cream for an extra special treat. Thanks for sharing this!
My family adored this!! It was very tasty and it was so easy to make. It was gone in a flash! Thank you from our whole family!
I had some left over eggnog from the holidays so I used it in this recipe. I like it alot. I would not use the almonds next time, just personal preference... Moist and tasty. I cut the recipe in 1/2 and baked it in a loaf pan...because you said tube pan...which I never heard of and did not want to run the risk of it spilling over, which I think it would have if I had not cut it in half...so a bigger than loaf pan is needed... Thanks for the recipe.